My place has great views, it is quiet, and peaceful. This house is your perfect relaxing getaway. You will be close to many attractions in southern Maine, but just far enough away to enjoy the peace and quiet. My place is good for couples, solo adventurers, small families, and furry friends (pets). We do not recommend more than 4 guests for your comfort! It is a waterfront property, and we do have a paddle boat available for use. It is best suited for smaller parties, being only 500 sq. feet.
This is a smaller cabin that was designed in a very smart way. The upstairs is a loft. There is a separate bedroom, with a curtain, and an open loft area with 2 beds in it. Downstairs is very open. There is a full kitchen with coffee pot, blender, pots, and pans for your use. Including a lobster pot. Glasses, dishes, etc are all available at the house.
There is one bathroom, it is a nice size. We do run off a small well and a septic system. We do ask you use caution with the septic system.
There is a small porch on the front of the house with a gas grill for your use. Around the back there is a large porch and steps that lead down to our dock. The dock is out of the water October - end of April. There is a paddle boat that you may use at your own risk, and an outdoor fire pit, please use this with caution.
We do have a dog runner off the side of the house for your furry friend. We do of course ask you pick up after your fur babies.
There stairs in the house are a winding staircase, if you struggle with steps, this may not be the house for you. We do ask you leave the house in a similar condition you found it in. We do always have a cleaner come in just to do a follow up cleaning, but we try and leave everything perfect for your stay!
Attractions & Activities: Approximate Travel Time
Old Orchard Beach (OOB): 45 minutes
• Just off the I-95 north bound, you will follow the signs right to OOB.
• OOB is known for their beach boardwalk, Pier Fries, and an amusement park.
• They have lots of events throughout the season. They have Mini Golf, Kayak/Canoe Rentals, and some hiking trails.
York’s Wild Kingdom: 50 minutes
• Located at 1 Animal Park Road, York, ME 03909
• A family oriented zoo and amusement park.
Funtown Splashtown USA: 40 minutes
• 774 Portland Rd, Saco, ME 04072
• Amusement and water park☺
Aquaboggan: 45 minutes
• 980 Portland Rd, Saco, ME 04072
• Maine’s Original Waterpark located near OOB.
Seeing the Six Lighthouses:
Time Required: 2 hours
Instructions are in the house:)
Portland Museum of Art: 55 minutes
• Seven Congress Square Portland, ME, 04101 • http://www.portlandmuseum.org/visit
Balloons over New England: Kennebunk
• http://www.balloonsovernewengland.com/Schedule.htm • Hot Air Balloon Rides
Saco river Canoe & Kayak: Just over an hour
• http://www.sacorivercanoe.com/ • 1009 Main St. Fryeburg, ME 04037
Scarborough Downs: 45 minutes
• http://www.scarboroughdowns.com/ • Live Horse Racing
Southworth Planetarium: 55 minutes
• 70 Falmouth St. Portland ME, 04103
• Phone: (207) 780-4249
Children’s Museum of Maine: 55 minutes
• 142 Free St. Portland, ME 04101
• Phone: (207) 828-1234
Victorian Mansion Tour: Portland: 55 minutes
• 109 Danforth St. Portland, ME 04101
• Phone: (207) 772-4841
• A true piece of history built between 1858 and 1860.
• Crescent Beach State Park, Cape Elizabeth: 1 hour
• Long Sands Beach, York: 55 minutes
• Ogunquit Beach, Ogunqiut: 45 minutes
• Laudholm Beach, Wells: 40 Minutes
• Goose Rocks Beach, Kennebunkport: 55 minutes
• Old Orchard Beach, Old Orchard: 50 minutes
• Scarborough Beach State Park, Scarborough: 55 minutes
Ogunquit Playhouse: 45 Minutes
• 10 Main Street (Rte 1), Ogunquit, ME 03907
• Phone: (207) 646-5511
Whale watching or deep sea fishing tours:
• The Bunny Clark: Perkins Cove, Ogunquit ME: 40 minutes
o Deep Sea fishing: Reservations recommended: (207) 646-
• Morning Flight Charters: Portland, ME: About an hour
o Off shore fishing for stripers, Cod, Haddock, Shark, and
o 1⁄2 day and Full day charters o Phone: (207) 831-2426
• Odyssey Whale Watching: Portland ME: About an hour
o Offer Whale watching, 1⁄2 day fishing trips, & 2 hour
Mackerel fishing trips
o http://www.odysseywhalewatch.com/index.html o Phone: (207) 775-0727
• First Chance What Watch & Scenic Lobster Cruises: Kennebunk, ME: 45 minutes
o https://firstchancewhalewatch.com/ o Phone: (207) 967-5507
• Maine Antique Trail Route 1: http://www.maineantiquetrail.com/Region/Maine-Southern- Coastal-Route1-Region
Willy’s Ale Room: 1060 Maine Route 109, Acton, ME 04001 • (207) 636-3031
Publick House: 481 Main St, Springvale, ME • (207) 850-4677
Ted’s Fried Clams: 227 Emery Mills Rd, Shapleigh, ME 04076 • They leave their number unlisted"
Maine is filled with AMAZING food. We are massive foodies, if you love food I would encourage you to venture out!!
Acton, Maine, USA