Are you looking for a dream getaway with your family and friends? Our lakeside retreat on Cove Bay has it all... a spacious house, awesome yard, perfect swimming beach, and many kid-friendly activities. Our 5 bedroom, 5 bath, 2,500+ square foot home on the highly sought-after Cove Bay (Mille Lacs Lake, MN) is only 90 minutes from the Twin Cities and situated on a 2 acre private lot with level elevation (right up to the lake) and 150’ of gently sloping beach. You can't ask for a better setup!
Four of the bedrooms have queen size beds (one on the main level, great for grandparents) and the 5th bedroom has three bunk beds, one queen size bed, one futon sleeper, and a window seat (a perfect room for the children, including 50" television, DVD / BluRay player, and DirectTV)! There are also five bathrooms (two full baths, two 3/4 baths and one 1/2 bath), and these are attached to the bedrooms for complete privacy... you can't ask for a better setup for your family and friends, with the potential to very comfortably sleep 16 people!
This two-level home also includes a fully equipped kitchen (it has everything you will need, e.g. dishes, glasses, silverware, pots & pans, coffee maker, small appliances, crock pots, roaster, etc), spacious dining area (huge dining table with seating for twelve and eight additional folding chairs available), main-level living room overlooking the beautiful lake, separate TV/Video room (with 60” television, DVD / BluRay player, Wii game console, DirectTV, and complimentary wifi / high speed internet), laundry facilities for mid-week washing, and an outdoor Weber propane grill (with grilling utensils) for your tasty Bar-B-Ques.
Mille Lacs Lake is a world-class fishery with walleye, northern pike, jumbo perch, giant muskie, and smallmouth bass! Referred to as the "Walleye Capital of the World", Mille Lacs Lake was also recently ranked as the #1 bass lake in America by Bassmaster ('17). The lake yielded four beastly "world-record" muskies in '15 and '16, each in the 60+ pound range! Feel free to bring your own boat… a bait shop and public boat landing are both less than two miles from this home, and the dock is yours to use during your entire stay. You can also book a launch trip for your group, or a private guided fishing trip that will create lifetime memories. There are many trophy fish to be had on this world-renowned lake!
In addition to fantastic fishing, this lake home also features 150’ of gently sloping beach, perfect for swimming (it is shallow for a long ways out, great for young kids, and the water is extremely clear). Enjoy a gorgeous sunset from the private dock or the lakeside fire pit, and know that the private setting (see satellite view on map) will provide a very quiet and peaceful getaway for you and your family and friends. Our large 2 acre yard is perfect for spreading out and enjoying yard games, and includes an outdoor playground for the children, basketball hoop in the front driveway, a paddleboat and six kayaks for zipping around on the lake, tons of games and toys (children will be easily entertained), and numerous activities nearby (see list below for some of the local attractions).
Our rates include EVERYTHING you could possibly need for your stay in our lakeside retreat... just bring your food, clothes, and toiletries! We provide complimentary wifi / high speed internet, the laundry facilities are free-of-charge, the six kayaks and paddleboat are available for your entire stay, the dock can be used for mooring your boat (no dock charges), two propane tanks are provided for the grill, no parking fees for your vehicles, the garage is full of toys, yard games, and swimming supplies (including life jackets and water shoes), the kitchen is fully equipped (free coffee, condiments, spices, etc), and so forth. We provide a "general information" package one month before your check-in with information on all of these amenities and MORE, including local attractions and many fun things to do during your stay.
The summer months are very popular, but don't overlook the fall, winter, or spring. Each of these seasons provides very unique activities and many fun-filled days:
Fall Activities - Take in the crisp, autumn air and enjoy the beautiful fall colors on the lake. Popular activities include ATV riding (more than 300 miles of premier ATV trails make this the largest connected ATV trail in the state), biking and hiking (the Mille Lacs Soo Line Trail is the newest "rails to trails" projects in the state of Minnesota and provides a scenic tour for hiking, biking, and rollerblading during the beautiful fall months), and fishing / hunting / shooting / archery (during the fall, trophy fish are fattening up for winter, and Mille Lacs is also home to white-tailed deer, grouse, and various duck species. The Mille Lacs Wildlife Management Area is located on the south end of the lake, and it encompasses over 39,000 acres of public hunting land, all for your enjoyment).
Winter Activities - The Mille Lacs Lake area is simply AMAZING during the winter months! Nothing brings out the kids in all of us, quite like winter. If you enjoy quiet sports, there are myriad trails for snowshoeing or cross-country skiing. The Mille Lacs Kathio State Park also has a sledding hill with hot chocolate in the warming house. For the "active" outdoor enthusiast, the wind-whipped expanse of Mille Lacs Lake is perfect for kiteboarding on skis or snowboards, or ice skating. Don’t miss one of the lake’s big kiteboarding events—the annual Mille Lacs Crossing—held the first weekend in March. Or maybe you love to hit the MN snowmobile trails. Trailer up your machines or arrange to rent sleds... either way, the hundreds of miles of groomed MN snowmobile trails will provide a picturesque getaway. If fishing is your thing, plowed roads provide easy access on and off the lake, and local resorts offer fish houses for rent. These well-equipped fish houses have all the comforts of home. Hang out on the lake, play some cards—and of course, fish! Check out the ice reports, hire a guide, grab some tackle and fresh bait, and hit the Mille Lacs Lake ice highway for great Minnesota ice fishing!
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask these in your response. We look forward to having you and your guests at our lakeside retreat on Cove Bay. Thank you!
There are numerous activities nearby, for all of your family and friends, including the following:
• GOLF: Izatys Resort is only a 5 minute drive, and offers the award winning golf course Black Brook, nestled within the Minnesota Great North Woods with natural water and marsh hazards, native deciduous trees and extensive use of wildflowers and undulation greens. The Garrison area (approximately 20 miles) is also home to the Northwood Hills Golf Course. For over 40 years, the Mille Lacs Golf Course in Garrison has welcomed golfers from all around! Finally, Fiddlestix Golf Course is located in Isle (approximately 10 miles) and is a par 71 championship course that spans 6,250 yards of wonderful, scenic terrain. It was recently recognized by Star Tribune as a top ten public golf course in Minnesota.
• 4-WHEEL & SNOWMOBILE: The Red Top and Soo Line Trail systems are just minutes away and offer miles and miles of beautiful wooded trails, for four wheeling, snowmobiling, cross country skiing, or hiking.
• STATE PARKS: The Father Hennepin State Park and Mille Lacs Kathio State Park are both less than 10 minutes and provide hiking trails, swimming beaches, fishing piers, picnic sites, playgrounds, cross-country skiing, 100 foot observation tower, nature programs, canoeing, and various other outdoor activities.
• GRAND CASINO MILLE LACS: The Garrison area is approximately 20 miles and home of the Grand Casino, which offers gaming (casino, bingo hall, pull tab booth, arcade with over 80 games), live entertainment (see their website for a full listing of concerts and shows), a 4-screen stadium movie theatre, four delicious dining options, and retail shopping.
• PLEASURE BOATING: Sailing, jet skiing, canoeing, and pleasure boating are great on Mille Lacs because it is wide open and has relatively little boat traffic. The public boat landing is only a couple of miles from our lakehome.
• FISHING LAUNCHES: Fishing launches are very popular on Mile Lacs Lake, with many resorts and local businesses in the area that offer fully guided fishing trips and sunset cruises around the lake. Mille Lacs launch fishing boats range in size from 25 to 73 feet and hold up to 50 people. Many are even equipped with restrooms and grills for outdoor dining.
• SHOP & DINE: Browse the many shops and craft stores in the small towns of Isle and Wahkon, both less than a 10 minute drive. Or drive / boat to one of the many local Restaurants and Diners. A full list of local attractions and dining options will be provided to all of our guests prior to their check-in date.
• MILLE LACS INDIAN MUSEUM AND TRADING POST: Trace the history of the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe and discover how they have preserved their culture.
• HUNTING: If you are staying during the fall months, and are into hunting (or would like to give it a try), the Mille Lacs Hunting Lodge is located in Onamia and a short drive. The lodge is set on 400 acres which provides the perfect setting for many outdoor activities. In the fall, pheasant hunting is their main focus, and they can provide everything from guides and dogs, sporting clays, and even home cooked meals. The Mille Lacs Wildlife Management Area is also located on the south end of the lake, and it encompasses over 39,000 acres of public hunting land
• WILDLIFE WATCHING: We regularly see many types of wildlife from this lake home. Included on the list are turkey, white-tailed deer, squirrels (both black and grey), bald eagles, blue herons, wood peckers, gulls and terns, ducks and geese, humming birds, orioles, and a variety of song birds. If you are a wildlife enthusiast, you will love the private setting... surrounded by lush woods, panoramic views of the water, and natural beauty everywhere!
Prior to check-in, you will be provided with a general information package and a listing of local attractions, activities, dining, and shopping options.
Onamia, Minnesota, USA