Interesting people are drawn to interesting places. Incredibly beautiful functional design with a fantastic view to the Main River and the Medieval Town of Ochsenfurt. A unique feeling of being in a luxurious tree house surrounded by nature, 30sq wooden balcony. Alexa Bose Home speaker, modern furniture, leather couch, smart TV. Located within 5 minute walking distance to the woods and vineyards, this is the perfect location to come and relax and enjoy nature or the beautiful Medieval wine towns
- Families of 5 are welcome, I can put an extra mattress on the floor no extra cost
- Perfect for Business travelers, 24hr check in and complete privacy, very quiet location
- 2 Flat Screen TVs, 1 smart 4K TV with Netflix, You Tube, over 200 movies on hard drive
- Wii with games and 2 controlers + steering wheels
- Alexa / Bose Home speaker 500 incredible acoustics. It sounds like being inside the speaker ( wood box ), connect your music with bluetooth, wifi or use the preset internet radio and control it with Alexa from anywhere. If you want to know the weather or where to go have dinner just ask Alexa. Alexa also can tell you where everything is and how everything works inside the guest house. She will be your personal concierge during your stay, Alexa also controls the lights just get in bed and ask Alexa to turn the lights off or on.
- Safe Box with personal programmable code, big enough for a computer
- USB charging station next to the master bed with 5 ports
- Towel warmer/dryer “small details”
- Perfect for families with kids, balcony constructed with kids in mind.
- If you are a family of (5) we could provide an extra mattress. We can provide high chairs and a travel baby crib. Kids plates, cups, We have kids and we understand how difficult it is to travel with everything you might need, we will try to accommodate your requests.
- Description from the local newspaper "The Main Post" by Antje Roscoe
Übernachten in der Ferien-Box
Ochsenfurt – Der Blick geht auf den Taubenturm und die Altstadt – oder zu Ahorn, Linde und Buche. Ein bisschen ist es wie in einem Baumhaus. Die erhöhte Lage und der Modulbau aus Holz-Boxen schafft diese besondere Atmosphäre. Das Gäste-Apartment My-Ferien-Box stellt eine neue Übernachtungsmöglichkeit im touristisch gefragten Ochsenfurt.
Complete separate Guest House with a luxurious relaxing atmosphere, all natural untreted wood with cork floors. -An incredible 10m by 3m balcony where you can relax on the patio furniture and enjoy the beautiful view to the Main River and the Medieval town of Ochsenfurt while drinking one of the great local wines or beers.
- 5 Minute walk to the vineyards and to the woods.
- Great running/ walking trails along the river or the woods within beautiful nature
- 5 minute walk to Down Town Ochsenfurt. Grocery store ( Norma) 5 min walk
- The guest house ( My Ferien box ) is one of the few places in Germany that offers air conditioning. Always the best climate, you set the temperature to your needs
- Free street parking available
- Covered secured bicycle storage
1300 years of history & prominent visitors
Famous faces have seen this Medieval Town however throughout the centuries. Ochsenfurt, which was mentioned for the first time in 725 AD, was, for example, pleased to see the visit of a certain Emperor Mathias von Habsburg, Emperor Charles the V, or King Ludwig the I of Bavaria.
Not always it has been a true joy for the visitors to come here. A certain Richard Lionheart (famous King of England in the 12th century) was imprisoned in Ochsenfurt, after he had been placed on his return from the Holy Land.
Anyone coming to Ochsenfurt or passing by, for example by train, will be attracted by the imposing city fortification.
But those walls of stone surrounding cities here in Mainfranken are nothing really special. But Ochsenfurt owns probably the best-preserved city wall, defensive towers and other fortification elements in Mainfranken.
In addition, the fact that even the smallest towns and villages around Ochsenfurt, or along the Main Valley, have a stone wall, is a very exotic occurrence, from the point of view of history.
Only cities were granted such a wall. Only with the appointment to a city certain regalia and privileges were connected in the Frankish empire. Thus also the market right and the right to create such a defense system.
In the 13th century, Ochsenfurt was actually given this right. Ochsenfurt became a city. The city wall was built from the 14th century on.However, the term “guest” would probably be more likely, since his stay in Ochsenfurt during the ransom negotiations in Würzburg might have been rather pleasant for him and his followers.
Greatly spared from world war and destruction
Ochsenfurt today looks like as if time had stopped here, thanks to the fact that the city nearly didn’t see any destruction during the second world war.
However, the old Main Bridge was blown up in 1945 in connection with the arrival of the American occupation troops and fierce battles were carried out in the Ochsenfurter Forst at that time – the cityscape was, moreover, fortunately completely preserved. And so you can admire even today still very impressive city gates, defense towers or a church in the middle of the old town, that has been already here for 700 years on its culture hill. And hopefully it will be here for the upcoming 700 years.
Ochsenfurt, Bayern, Tyskland