Enjoy stunning views as the sun goes down and keep warm with a camp fire or BBQ.
Our little 1979 upcycled caravan sits at the top of our paddock and has great views over the hills around us, of Frogmore Creek and across to Salcombe in the distance.
Double bed, very basic self-catering facilities, electric kettle, toaster, camping stove, nearby cold water tap and porta potti. BBQ and fire pit available for use.
Pricing is for 2 people. There is an extra charge for a third person.
We are offering use of our small, old caravan, situated at the top of our paddock right in the village of Frogmore - suitable for 2 people or 3 at a pinch (it is a small space so 3 could be a bit cosy!)
There is space for a tent next to the caravan if you wish to bring more people with you ( for an extra charge).
The views are lovely and far reaching, across Frogmore Creek towards Salcombe in one direction and green hills in another!
The caravan has a full double bed made up from the seating area, with comfortable cushions / mattress, and a small single bed at the other end. This is run on electric only, no gas. There are a couple of power points, a mini fridge, a kettle, a toaster, cutlery, mugs, plates and bowls and couple of pans to use on the camping gas stove or bbq, that is more or less it!
There is no heating in the caravan, although it does get very warm through the day as it is south facing.
There is a £10 charge for electricity which is added as a 'cleaning' fee!
This is basic self-catering, and there is a firepit and a small BBQ for your use, but you will have to provide your own charcoal / logs (we can sometimes supply wood)
There is a very rustic set up close to the caravan providing cold washing facilities and a screened off porta potti ( a loo with a view).
The cold water tap is on the mains, but water from this tap must be boiled before drinking. We supply a container of drinking water.
We suggest guests bring their own bedding / sleeping bags and towels, but we can provide duvets, pillows and bed linen and towels if required, at an additional cost to cover laundry etc. Please ask at time of booking.
We allow small open fires in the firepit. Firewood is available either from us or from the nearby filling station/shop.
We can sell you some eggs from our hens and home made bread, and garden produce when available. Please order when booking.
This is not suitable for children.
Dogs are welcome but must be kept under control as there are chickens and sheep around, and must be cleaned up after. There is some electric fencing.
We like to be there to welcome our guests, and are happy to help with suggestions for sightseeing etc. We have extensive knowledge of the area and Devon on the whole. We are 'folk' musicians and enjoy playing in local pub sessions most weeks. Guests are welcome to join us for these, and of course musicians are especially welcome (open 'sessions' at the Globe Inn are held on the first Tuesday and third Thursday of each month)
Frogmore is a lovely village at the head of Frogmore Creek, with a great pub - The Globe Inn - serving good pub food ( a short walk away), the bakery for excellent breads and pasties, walks along quiet lanes and of course Frogmore Creek. There are lots of great places to visit and things to do within 30 minutes drive - beaches, cliff walks, Dartmouth town, Burgh Island, Bantham beach, fish and chips on the beach at Beesands, paddle boarding and other water sports, golf courses, children's adventure parks and of course wild and beautiful Dartmoor.
Kingsbridge itself is a lively market town with museum, pubs and excellent eating places, a cinema, quality shops, markets and a sports centre. There is usually live music to be found somewhere in the area.
Tilgang for gjester
The paddock area as indicated on arrival.
Interaksjon med Gjester
We are usually on hand to give ideas of things to do, places to visit, or to deal with any problems.
Andre ting å merke seg
* Strictly no smoking or naked flames, ie candles, in the caravan, in the loo/wash up area or near timber buildings.
* Keep a bucket of water nearby if having a fire, and fires must be kept small and put out before retiring to bed.
* Please don't wear muddy boots etc. inside the caravan- they can be left underneath the door.
* We expect guests to leave the space as they found it, and to respect our property.
* Please keep noise to a minimum, especially at night - it is quiet at night here and we don't wish to upset the neighbours or spoil the peace!
* We can usually supply logs for a fire if required, or they can be bought at the nearby filling station (or you can collect your own!)
* The caravan is sited a short walk uphill over grass.
* We have a fairly difficult steep and narrow drive to the parking and turning area - fine for the average sized car and 4x4's but not for the fainthearted driver, very low cars, sports cars or camper vans! Unless you are confident to drive up, please park in the village - there are several places where the road is wide enough to safely park and we are happy to collect your luggage for you, or you can drop it off first.
* We suggest you bring a torch with you - the village has no streetlights and there is no pavement so best to be seen and be safe!
- Quiet after 11pm and no loud music at any time
- Dogs must be kept under control
- No smoking on premises
Denne verten har 61 anmeldelser fra andre eiendommerSe andre anmeldelser
We are traditional folk musicians. Nigel works from home, restoring vintage concertinas, Sarah helps with the instrument repairs, sometimes makes jewellery and does lots of stuff with horses! we love music, animals, art, Devon and Dartmoor in particular.
we have 2 dogs, 2 horses and a few hens and love them all!