Faery toadstool yurt in the forest.
Experience the wild and beautiful off-grid and off-road peninsula of Scoraig, Scotland.
A WILD CAMPING SITE in the remote Northwest Highlands community of Scoraig. A retreat perfect for mountaineers, artists, writers, musicians, naturalists, meditators, friends, lovers, or small families.
A brand new and beautiful yurt, with woodstove for heating. Access to kitchen facilities in my workshop next door. Camping shower and composting loo in the forest.
It's like a safe haven in the wilderness. You can feel cosy and snug whilst knowing you are really in the wilderness!
Tilgang for gjester
My kitchen will be open for your use from 7-10 am, and again at 6-8pm. I don't allow cooking inside the yurt, but you may boil a kettle on the woodstove in the yurt for teas and coffees.
Please remember you MUST BRING YOUR FOOD WITH YOU.
Interaksjon med Gjester
Either me or my co-host will be about for you should you need any help with anything.
I live on the property in private accommodation adjacent to the workshop where the kitchen facilities are located.
Andre ting å merke seg
Remember you must walk four miles from where you park your car, over an hour, to get here. Over a mountain path which looks out across Little Loch Broom and the Summer Isles to the West. Good walking boots and waterproof clothing recommended!
- Please let me know by text or preferably a phone call, when you arrive at Badralloch roadend. That way I'll know to expect you an hour and a half or so later. I'm often out on the croft doing things so I need your approximate arrival time to be sure to be here to welcome you!
-You will need a good torch.
- Shoes off at yurt entrance please.
- You'll have access to my kitchen so please respect the space and do your dishes!
- You can also charge your electronic devices in the workshop.
- Please bring enough food for your stay. There are NO shops, pubs, or commerce of any kind in our remote community!
- You have to carry anything you want to bring with you for four miles, so choose wisely! You must bring anything you can't live without during your stay. -Please take your rubbish away when you go.