13 gjester · 5 soverom · 5.5 bad
Discover just how remarkable eco-friendly luxury can be at Mahu Whenua. This South Island vacation rental, whose name translates to “healing the land,” is set on 55,000 hectares of former sheep station in the shadow of the mountains that make up Mount Aspiring National Park. Now, this expanse of land is devoted to plant-regeneration and native-bird-breeding programs—and to being a private escape for you.
Your holiday at Mahu Whenua includes the services of a chef, villa manager and housekeeper, as well as a pre-dinner drink and canapés each day. If you’re visiting in the summer, soak in the sunshine from the swimming pool or al-fresco lounge area; in cooler weather, soak in the outdoor hot tub, cozy up by the outdoor fireplace or head inside to enjoy the Apple TV, surround-sound system, pool table and Wi-Fi.
Amid the spectacular hills and valleys, forests and rivers is, happily, a cozy main house. Here, you can reconnect with friends and family under the vaulted ceiling of the living area, beneath the skylights of the dining room, or across the breakfast bar in the fully equipped kitchen.
There are three bedrooms in the estate’s main house, two in two guest cottages, and one bunk room. Four of the five bedrooms have king beds and ensuite bathrooms; the bunk room has one twin bunk bed, one twin-over-double bunk bed and a shared hall bathroom. The guest cottages have fully equipped kitchenettes and their own terraces, making them ideal for couples wanting honeymoon-style privacy.
This extraordinary retreat is only a 20-minute drive from Wanaka, the gateway to Mount Aspiring National Park. It’s also a 90-minute drive or a 10-minute helicopter flight from Queenstown. In the summer, you can immerse yourself in the scenery at local attractions such as the Wanaka Lavender Farm; in the winter, skiing is close at hand.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Master: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Dual vanity, Bidet, In-room bathtub, Walk-in closet, Fireplace, Direct access to terrace with outdoor furniture
- Bedroom 2: King size bed (can be converted to 2 Twins), Ensuite bathroom with shower/bathtub combo, Walk-in closet, Lounge area, Direct access to balcony with outdoor furniture
- Bedroom 3: King size bed (can be converted to 2 Twins), Shared access to hallway bathroom with Bunk Room, Stand-alone shower & bathtub, Lounge area, Direct access to terrace with outdoor furniture
- Bedroom 4: King size bed (can be converted to 2 Twins), Ensuite bathroom with shower/bathtub combo, Walk-in closet, Kitchenette, Washer/Dryer, Iron/Ironing board, Direct access to terrace with outdoor furniture
- Bedroom 5: King size bed (can be converted to 2 Twins), Ensuite bathroom with shower/bathtub combo, Walk-in closet, Kitchenette, Washer/Dryer, Iron/Ironing board, Direct access to terrace with outdoor furniture
- Bunk Room: Twin size bunk bed, Twin over double size bunk bed, Shared access to hallway bathroom with Bedroom 3, Stand-alone shower & bathtub
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast bar
- Formal dining area with seating for 12
- Ice maker
- Surround sound system
- Satellite television
- Video game console
- Apple TV
- Iron/Ironing board
- Heated floors
- Swimming pool - heating included (November to May)
- Hot tub - heating included
- Sun loungers
- Outdoor living room
- Outdoor fireplace
- Patio heater
- Gas barbecue
STAFF & SERVICES
- On-site villa manager
- Daily housekeeping and turndown service
- Drink and pre-dinner canapés (one drink per guest)
- Private Chef (food cost, soft drinks, tea, and coffee included)
Extra Cost (advance notice may be required):
- Airport transfer
- Activities and excursions
- Additional alcoholic beverages
- Additional bedding (upon request)
- 8 km to Glendhu Bay Lookout
- 11 km to Hospital Flat Conservation Area
- 19 km to Wanaka Town
- 24 km to Wanaka Lavender Farm
- 82 km to Mount Aspiring National Park
- 17 km to Treble Cone
- 53 km to Cardrona Alpine Resort
- 81 km to Queenstown Airport (ZQN)
Ekstraordinære hjem med fem-stjerners på alt
Hvert Airbnb Luxe-hjem kommer uberørt og mesterlig designet med luksusfasiliteter, tjenester og en dedikert turdesigner.
Planlegging av turen fra start til slutt
Turdesignere koordinerer ankomst, avreise og alt i mellom.
Hvert Airbnb Luxe-hjem er personlig verifisert å være i uberørt stand.
Oppmerksomhet på turen, 24/7
Førsteklasses assistanse på forespørsel for ethvert spørsmål, når som helst.
Spiseplass for 12 personer
Varme i gulv
+ 1 mer
Treble Cone, New Zealand
Har du spørsmål om dette hjemmet?
Vi kobler deg direkte til en turplanlegger i Airbnb Luxe, en moderne concierge som kjenner alle hjemmene og hjelper deg med å planlegge hele turen din.
Prissetting og tilgjengelighet
Kanselleringsvilkår og husregler
Ingen refusjon etter bestilling