Mas du Fer a Cheval
13 gjester · 6 soverom · 7 bad
An hour-and-a-half drive from Marseille, the Luberon is Provence at its most sublime. Valleys give way to vineyards, ancient villages dot hillsides, and fields of lavender cheer passing cyclists. And between four of its most scenic villages - Bonnieux, Lacoste, Goult and Roussillon, is Le Mas du Fer-à-Cheval. Dating in part to the 1700s, this former farmhouse has heightened ceilings, a deftly landscaped garden and arty touches – from the dining room’s contemporary tangled lighting to the kitchen’s upcycled oak cupboard doors, made from the undercarriage of a train wagon. There’s a large heated swimming pool and sheltered courtyard in the garden, and the Luberon is criss-crossed with hiking trails should you venture past the garden’s perimeter. You can play tennis in Goult, go rock-climbing in Buoux, or enjoy a game of boules in Bonnieux with the Calavon River valley as your backdrop – each village is just a short drive away. But for those with pedal power there’s the scree-topped peak of Mont Ventoux to conquer, or follow the trail to Lacoste’s picturesque squares. You can join locals refuelling in the quaint cafés or scouring the local markets before winding back down the cobblestones.
Le Mas du Fer-à-Cheval is just one hour’s drive north of Marseille Airport. To make the most of your locale you’ll need a set of wheels. We recommend renting a bicycle for Luberon’s trails - just 300m from the home, and a car if you plan on exploring further afield. Peak condition This home has been reinvented by a famed local architect, while also paying homage to its original features: the sandstone walls – old and new – blend seamlessly together. But despite the traditional shuttered windows, you’ll find the rooms are fresh and contemporary. The grand dining table seats 18 and fills the home’s central room, which is outlined by black beams and latticed French doors. And through reclaimed wooden doors you’ll find the kitchen’s natural tones: copper, steel and stone. Upstairs, the bedrooms range from the peaceful master suite to the children’s bedrooms – one painted royal blue with wrought-iron twin beds, and the other doubling as a playroom with a foosball table from the 60s. And the outside is as inviting by night as it is by day – both the terrace and courtyard are set with upcycled tables and chairs, there is an outdoor integrated barbecue and an outdoor fire corner for those cooler nights.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Master: King size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, tub and steam room, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 2: Queen size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower and tub, Air conditioning, Access to private terrace
- Bedroom 3: Queen size bed, En-suite shower room, Shared access to separate bathroom with Bedroom 4, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 4: 2 Twin size beds, En-suite shower room, Shared access to separate bathroom with Bedroom 3, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 5: Twin size bed, Shared access to bathroom with tub and separate bathroom with toilet with Bedroom 6, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 6: Queen size bed, Shared access to bathroom with tub and separate bathroom with toilet with Bedroom 5, Air conditioning
- Additional Bedding: Play room with extra beds on second floor (upon request only)
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully-equipped kitchen with breakfast bar
- Dining area with seating for 10
- Game room
- Satellite television
- DVD player
- Laundry room with washer and dryer
- Air conditioning in living rooms
- Floor heating system
- Heated pool
- Alfresco dining
- Fire pit
- Basketball net
- Soccer nets
STAFF & SERVICES
- Daily housekeeping - 3 hours a day
- Weekly laundry service
- Welcome and goodbye package
- Access to house concierge
Extra Cost (advance notice may be required):
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport transfers
- Activities and excursions
Points of Interest:
- 12 km to village of Roussillon for its ochre mines
- 14 km to town of Apt
- 14 km to Luberon Regional Nature Park
- 27 km to Cavaillon
- 32 km to Gorges de Régalon
- 49 km to town of Aix en Provence
- 40 km to Avignon – Caumont Airport (AVN)
- 80 km to Marseille Provence Airport (MRS)
- 219 km to Nice Côte d'Azur Airport (NCE)
Ekstraordinære hjem med fem-stjerners på alt
Hvert Airbnb Luxe-hjem kommer uberørt og mesterlig designet med luksusfasiliteter, tjenester og en dedikert turdesigner.
Planlegging av turen fra start til slutt
Turdesignere koordinerer ankomst, avreise og alt i mellom.
Hvert Airbnb Luxe-hjem er personlig verifisert å være i uberørt stand.
Oppmerksomhet på turen, 24/7
Førsteklasses assistanse på forespørsel for ethvert spørsmål, når som helst.
+ 1 mer
Har du spørsmål om dette hjemmet?
Vi kobler deg direkte til en turplanlegger i Airbnb Luxe, en moderne concierge som kjenner alle hjemmene og hjelper deg med å planlegge hele turen din.
Prissetting og tilgjengelighet
Kanselleringsvilkår og husregler
Kanseller opptil 95 dager før reisen din og få full refusjon. Kanseller innen 95 dager før reisen, og reservasjonen kan ikke refunderes.