When deciding whether to become an Airbnb host, it's important for you to understand the laws in your state. As a platform and marketplace we do not provide legal advice, but we want to give you some useful information that may better help you understand relevant laws and regulations in Haryana. This list is not exhaustive, and should not be considered legal advice, but it should give you a good start in understanding your local laws. If you have questions, you can contact the Department of Town and Country Planning of Government of Haryana (DTCP) and/or other urban local bodies of Haryana, or consult a local lawyer.
Hosts operating a guest house/boarding house (ex: a house/dwelling unit which is rented out or a pay & use facility) in a residential zone should comply with the conditions prescribed by the DTCP. For ease of reference, we have listed out the key conditions below. Please also refer to their policy for detailed instructions:
- Permission for Operating Guest Houses/Boarding Houses:. The owners of guest/boarding houses operating in Haryana are required to obtain permission from the DTCP, or Director of the Municipal Committee/Municipal Corporation, depending upon the location of the guest house/boarding house. The owner may be required to pay commercial conversion charges for obtaining this permission. For guidance/help with obtaining this permission, you may contact the concerned department directly, or consult a local lawyer.
- Minimum Plot Area: To qualify for registration, the guest/boarding house should be built on a residential plot with a plot area which is not less than 500 square yards (420 square meters) or 1 kanal. Two plots under the same ownership can also be clubbed for meeting the abovementioned requirement. There is no upper limit on the area over which such guest/boarding house may be built.
- Maximum Rent Period: The guest/boarding house should be rented out for a period which is less than one month.
- Additional Conditions: The plot should abut an existing/functional sector road with a service road. The parking of the vehicles for the residential plot shall be done by removing the front boundary wall. The owner shall not be allowed to sell/bifurcate the rooms/flats.
In order to be eligible for obtaining a permission, your premises should meet the above requirements, including any other requirements put in place by the DTCP.
- VertTa flotte bilder av utleiestedet dittVi har tips som gjør det lettere å ta bilder som både viser frem stedet ditt og bidrar til å forme gjestenes forventninger før de bestiller.
- Veiledning om registreringsprosessen for utenlandske personer (Foreigner Registration, FRRO) for verter i IndiaVi tilbyr Airbnb-verter hjelp til å sette seg inn i ansvaret som følger med vertskapsrollen, og vi tilbyr en generell oversikt over forskjel…
- VertForberedelser til fotograferingenRengjør, rydd og organiser stedet ditt for å gi det best mulige inntrykket til potensielle gjester. Fotografen anbefaler muligens noen små e…