Together, we'll dive into the history of sexual science and sex life in Berlin. This is a unique and one-of-a-kind experience, fully packed with lots of historical images and videos you usually wouldn't find in a history book.
After a brief introduction and getting to know each other, we'll explore the diversity of sexual life in the Roaring Twenties in Berlin, including:
- sex work & kinky life;
- gay & lesbian nightlife;
- the home of gay British writer Christopher Isherwood;
- gender diversity in world-famous Eldorado clubs;
- Dr Magnus Hirschfeld's story – one of the world's first sexual scientists;
- the world's first institute of sexual science, including the world's first sex museum;
- the early trans*, intersex, gender non-conforming and non-binary rights movements;
- the eradication of sexual freedom by Nazi Germany.
Optionally, after this block of 90 minutes, you can either opt-out or have the possibility of additionally learning about the following:
- the „world’s first gay man“;
- the emergence of nudist culture;
- the mass murder of LGBTIQs under Nazi Germany;
- the emergence of the AIDS epidemic;
- and the history of current clubs of sexual liberty, including the Kit Kat, Berghain, and Lab.
Additionally, we'll do a quiz and will crown a winner at the end. You'll leave this experience with knowledge you won't find in most history books!
Fra Pris:399 kr per person